Polyacrylic acid sodium is innoxious and soluble in water, it can be used in situations of alkaline and high concentration without scale sediment. Polyacrylic acid sodium can disperse the microcrystals or micro sand of calcium carbonate, calcium phosphate, and calcium sulfate.
Polyacrylate sodium is used as scale inhibition and dispersant for circulating cool water system, papermaking, weave, dyeing, ceramics, painting, etc.
Sodium polyacrylate is also used as a water lock. It is a sodium salt of polyacrylic acid. It has [-CH2-CH(CO2Na)-]n in it. The polyacrylic acid sodium salt is widely used in consumer products. This super-absorbent polymer can absorb 100 to 1,000 times its own mass in water.
The polyacrylic acid sodium salt is a cathode polyelectrolyte. It has a negatively charged carboxyl group in its main chain. Sodium salts neutralized by polyacrylic acid are used in industry in the most common way. In addition, there are other kinds of salt that can be used. Like potassium, lithium, and ammonium.
The origins of super absorbent polymer chemistry date back to the 1960s. The U.S. Department of agriculture developed the first superabsorbent polymer material.
CAS No.: 9003-04-7
|Appearance||Colorless or light yellow transparent liquid|
|Solid content, %||50 Min.|
|Free monomer (CH2=CH-COOH), %||1.0 Max.|
|Density (20℃), g/cm3||1.20 Min.|
|pH (1% water solution)||3.0-4.5|
40%-45% of Polyacrylic acid sodium is supplied.
Polyacrylic acid sodium can be used as a scale inhibitor and dispersant in circulating cool water systems in power plants, iron & steel factories, chemical fertilizer plants, refineries, and air conditioning systems. Dosage should be in accordance with water quality and equipment materials.
When polyacrylate sodium used alone, 2-15 mg/L is preferred. When polyacrylic acid sodium salt used as a dispersant, the dosage should be determined by the experiment.
Polyacrylic acid sodium and other derivatives of polyacrylic acid are widely used in commercial and industrial applications.
1. It can be used for animals. Such as pet mats, absorb horse urine, and raise insects.
2. It can be used for health care. Such as paper pad (baby, children, and adults), feminine sanitary napkins, maternity care pads, medical bandages, wound dressings, etc.
3. It can be used in the industry. Such as waste control, drilling fluid, corrosion inhibitor, concrete protection, etc.
4. Also used for the environment. Such as flood prevention package, collection of excrement.
5. Other products include wire and cable water blocking, artificial snow, hot/cold gel pack, urine bag, thickener, perfume carrier, flame retardant gel, anti-fog packaging material, water bed.
200L plastic drum, IBC(1000L), customers’ requirements. Storage for ten months in a shady room and dry place.
Acidity, avoid contact with eye and skin. Once contacted, flush with water.