Polyacrylic acid sodium is innoxious. It is soluble in water. Engineers use this sodium salt in situations of alkaline and high concentration without scale sediment. In other words, the sodium polyacrylate polymer can disperse the microcrystals or micro sand of calcium carbonate, calcium phosphate, and calcium sulfate.
People use polyacrylate sodium as scale inhibition and dispersant. Most in circulating cool water system, papermaking, weave, dyeing, ceramics, painting, and etc.
People also use sodium polyacrylate as a water lock. As we all know, it is a sodium salt of polyacrylic acid. The polyacrylate sodium has [-CH2-CH(CO2Na)-]n in it. The polyacrylic acid sodium salt is widely used in consumer products. This super-absorbent polymer can absorb 100 to 1,000 times its own mass in water.
The sodium polyacrylate is a cathode polyelectrolyte. It has a negatively charged carboxyl group in its main chain. Engineers neutralize polyacrylic acid to get this sodium salt. This sodium polyacrylate polymer is used widely in industry. In addition, there are other kinds of salt of polyacrylic acid. Like potassium, lithium, and ammonium.
The origins of super absorbent polymer chemistry date back to the 1960s. The U.S. Department of agriculture developed the first superabsorbent polymer material.
CAS No.: 9003-04-7
|Appearance||Colorless or light yellow transparent liquid|
|Solid content, %||50 Min.|
|Free monomer (CH2=CH-COOH), %||1.0 Max.|
|Density (20℃), g/cm3||1.20 Min.|
|pH (1% water solution)||6.0-8.0|
IRO supplys 40%-45% of sodium polyacrylate products
Polyacrylate sodium can be used as scale inhibitor and dispersant in circulating cool water systems in power plants, iron & steel factories, chemical fertilizer plants, refineries, and air conditioning systems. Dosage should be in accordance with water quality and equipment materials.
When sodium polyacrylic acid used alone, 2-15 mg/L is preferred. When you use the this salt as a dispersant, the dosage should be determined by the experiment.
People use polyacrylic acid sodium and its other derivatives widely in commercial and industrial applications.
1. People use it for animals. Such as pet mats, absorb horse urine, and raise insects.
2. People use it for health care. Such as paper pad (baby, children, and adults), feminine sanitary napkins, maternity care pads, medical bandages, wound dressings, etc.
3. People use it in the industry. Such as waste control, drilling fluid, corrosion inhibitor, concrete protection, etc.
4. People use it for the environment. Such as flood prevention package, collection of excrement.
5. Other products include wire and cable water blocking, artificial snow, hot/cold gel pack, urine bag, thickener, perfume carrier, flame retardant gel, anti-fog packaging material, water bed.
200L plastic drum, IBC(1000L), customers’ requirements. Storage for ten months in a shady room and dry place.
Acidity, avoid contact with eye and skin. Once contacted, flush with water.
ACRYLIC ACID SODIUM SALT POLYMER, Poly(acrylic acid, sodium salt) solution, Sodium Polyacrylate, Low molecular sodium polyacrylate dispersing agent, PAAS, Poly(acrylic acid, sodium salt)2-Propenoic acid